Are There Any Restrictions on Decoration of the Rooms in the Accommodation?

Restrictions on Decoration of the Rooms in the Accommodation

Decorating your student bedroom with fairy lights has become a trendy trend in recent years, however it is important that you don’t breach your tenancy agreement and damage your deposit. Decorating clips can be purchased which are a great alternative and allow you to use fairy lights without risking your deposit. Tapestry wall hangings are another popular option that add texture, colour and style to your room with no damage to the walls.

Many of our Hull student accommodation have bills included in the rental price, where this is the case it will be clearly stated on the listing. Alternatively, you can choose to have bills separately which will give you the flexibility to choose your own energy and water provider.

No drilling or making permanent changes to the walls: Most university-managed accommodations do not allow students to drill holes or make any permanent alterations to the walls. This restriction is to avoid any potential damage to the property and to maintain uniformity across rooms.

No use of adhesive hooks or tapes: Adhesive hooks and tapes may cause damage to the walls or leave marks. Therefore, these are generally not permitted in university-managed accommodations. However, some accommodations may provide alternative solutions or approved methods of hanging posters or pictures.

Use of blue-tack or white-tack: Many accommodations allow the use of blue-tack or white-tack for temporary decorations. These are non-damaging and can be used to hang lightweight items such as posters or photographs. However, it is important to follow the guidelines provided by the accommodation management to avoid any potential damage.

In privately-owned Hull student accommodation, the policies on room decoration may vary depending on the specific provider. Some private accommodation providers may allow more freedom when it comes to personalizing the rooms. However, it is still essential to check with the accommodation management and review the tenancy agreement for any specific rules or restrictions.

Shared Houses and Flats: In shared houses and flats, the rules regarding room decoration are typically determined by the tenants collectively. It is important to have open communication and reach a consensus with your housemates regarding room decoration. Common practices include:

Are There Any Restrictions on Decoration of the Rooms in the Accommodation?

Sharing the responsibility: In shared accommodation, it is important to respect the communal spaces and the preferences of all housemates. This may involve taking turns to decorate shared areas, such as the living room or kitchen, and ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to express their personal style within their individual rooms.

Temporary decorations: Using temporary decoration options such as removable wallpaper, wall decals, or command strips can be a great way to add a personal touch without causing damage to the property. These options allow for creativity while still being respectful of the accommodation.

Recognizing the financial challenges faced by students, accommodation providers can offer information and resources on financial aid, scholarships, and part-time job opportunities. By providing guidance and support in financial matters, accommodation providers help alleviate financial stress and contribute to students’ overall well-being and success.

Seeking permission from the landlord: If you wish to make any permanent changes to the room, such as painting the walls or installing shelves, it is important to seek permission from the landlord or property owner. They may have specific guidelines or restrictions in place.

In all cases, it is important to be mindful of the rules and regulations set forth by the accommodation provider or landlord. This ensures that you have a pleasant living experience while also respecting the property and the rights of other residents.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *